Internship programme announcement
As part of our efforts to address the critical need to build local capacity for high quality, high integrity journalism, and to level the playing field for young Bermudians seeking entry into the field of journalism, Think Media has launched its summer internship programme.
What is it?
Think Media’s Summer Internship programme is a highly selective 12- week, individually tailored programme for students or aspiring journalists.
Interns will contribute to Think Media’s ongoing work producing high quality, high integrity journalism.
The internship will leave participants more confident about their abilities and more knowledgeable about Bermuda.
Am I eligible?
The internship is open to Bermudians who are:
- Current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree, or
- Current full-time graduate students, or
- High achieving senior secondary students, or
- Working age individuals with a keen interest in journalism
Applicants must have
- A demonstrable interest in the media arts
- Computer skills (the more the better)
- Fluency in written and spoken English (essential)
- Foreign language skills (desirable but not essential)
- An understanding of Think Media’s mission and approach (https://www.think.bm)
How many people will be in the programme?
As many as four interns will be selected
What are the highlights of the internship?
You will work under the supervision of a designated trainer one or two days a week. Work will be varied and could include the following roles:
- Production Assistant on a documentary or television pilot
- Audio monitor
- Interview Transcriber
- Interview Scheduler
- Assistant video editor
When does the internship start?
You must be able to start the internship in June 2015.
What do you need from me?
- Tell us – in no more than 300-words – about your qualities, talents, passions, achievements and journalistic skills
- In two sentences tell us your vision for journalism in Bermuda.
- Your resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Samples of your work that you are most proud of. This can be writing samples, video clips, photos etc.
- A letter of reference from a previous internship, teacher or former employer.
How to apply
The application deadline for the 2015 summer internship is 5 p.m. May 30, 2015. Applications (and any questions) may be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
What happens next?
We will acknowledge and respond to every completed application that reaches us before the deadline.
*Update: Deadline extended to May 30.
Politica © 2021 - All Rights Reserved